TITLE: President & CEO: California Forestry Association (Calforests).
The President reports directly to the Chairman of the Calforests Board of Directors, and works at the pleasure of the Board of Directors.
The President is the association’s Chief Executive Officer, and provides overall leadership for direction, control and implementation of the association’s strategies, tactics and work focus, consistent with the goals established by the Board of Directors and Calforests’ Bylaws. The President oversees administration of all operations of the Association, including allocation of staff activities and financial resources. The President provides business leadership, as well as technical and legal support and guidance to the Board.
CALFORESTS – California Non-profit Mutual Benefit Corporation
Calforests is the trade association that represents California’s forest sector, and whose predecessor organizations date back to 1909. Calforests membership includes over 4 million acres of private forestlands, 90% of the primary manufacturers of forest products, producers of renewable biomass energy, and forestry-related professionals. Calforests members are a unique blend of family, investor-owned and non-profit companies and individuals sharing a common interest in the responsible and sustainable management of California’s diverse forest ownerships, and forest resources.
- Association Leadership and organization management.
- Lead staff for the Executive Committee and ex officio member of the Board of Directors.
- Development and implementation of proactive and defensive forestry-related policy, legislation and regulation, as well as legal and communications strategies.
- Supervision and coordination of the activities of Calforests’ staff and outside consultants.
- Control and allocation of association financial resources.
- Primary spokesperson for the association with the public and media.
- Primary contact with key policy and decision-leaders, as well as identifying and developing new relationships to expand partnerships and influence.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
- Undergraduate degree preferably in forestry, natural resources, government affairs or political science.
- Having a graduate degree in natural resources, an MBA, or holding a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) license would be an asset but not mandatory.
- Seven or more years of natural resource policy or association management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of California’s environmental laws, and related legislative, regulatory, and administrative mandates.
- Strong communication and listening skills, including the ability to engage in effective written and oral advocacy.
- Superior analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to successfully solicit and integrate multi-disciplinary input to issues of strategic importance to California’s forest sector.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude; a team builder with strong leadership and interpersonal skills who understands the value of a viable forest industry to California’s economy and environment.
The salary range will be commensurate with the individual’s qualifications. Calforests provides a competitive package of health, vision, dental and life insurance, and retirement benefits.
SEND CONFIDENTIAL RESUME TO:
Chairman of the Board of Directors
California Forestry Association
1215 K Street, Suite 1830
Sacramento, CA 95814
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark the envelope “Confidential” and it will be handled as such.